Tuesday 24 December 2013

Adebayor blasts Tottenham


Striker Emmanuel Adebayor has accused Tottenham of disrespecting him.

He scored twice on his first Premier League start of the season as Spurs beat Southampton 3-2 on Sunday.

“It was difficult,” said Adebayor. “When I come to train and see the team picture, which I’m not involved in, that shows me a lot of disrespect.”

However, he only found the net nine times in 36 appearances in all competitions in 2012-13 and had only played 45 minutes of first-team football under Villas-Boas this season.

“I’m a professional footballer, I had to keep my head up and I did what they asked me to do,” said the Togo player.

“They asked me to train with the reserves, which I did with pleasure, and they asked me to train on my own, which I did with pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment