Tuesday 7 January 2014

Lindegaard happy to play second fiddle to De Gea at Manchester United





The Dane admits he would rather be playing every game for his boyhood club but insists he appreciates the need to see things from David Moyes' point of view, Anders Lindegaard is happy to keep living the dream at Manchester United despite being understudy to David de Gea.

Lindegaard started Sunday's 2-1 FA Cup defeat to Swansea City, United's fourth home loss from their last six Old Trafford fixtures.

The Denmark international was making only his second appearance of the season, but even though the January transfer window is open, the 29-year-old is happy at his boyhood club.

Lindegaard said:
"If I see it through my own eyes I would say 'Jesus Christ I am not playing, why is that', then it would be easy to get frustrated," 
"I have to try and be objective, and raise myself up above just myself and see it from the club's perspective and how much pressure we have been under.
"Then it is easier for me to understand why things are the way they are. For me it is all about being a happy human being. I am that now at Manchester United. It is my club since I was a small kid. This is my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment